What Is Network Security and How Does It Protect You?
Many network security threats today are spread over the Internet. The most common include:
- Viruses, worms, and Trojan horses
- Spyware and adware
- Zero-day attacks, also called zero-hour attacks
- Hacker attacks
- Denial of service attacks
- Data interception and theft
- Identity theft
Intelinet Systems provides various solutions that help protect against these threats, but it helps to understand that no single solution protects you from the variety of threats that exists. You need multiple layers of security.
A network security system usually consists of many components and includes both hardware and software. Network security components often include:
- Anti-virus and anti-spyware
- Firewall, to block unauthorized access to your network
- Intrusion prevention systems (IPS), to identify fast-spreading threats, such as zero-day or zero-hour attacks
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), to provide secure remote access
- User Control Systems
- Limiting access with Web Content Filtering
- Activity monitoring
- BYOD security – control user devices
Our Network Security consultants at Intelinet Systems can assist you in putting together a new or augment your existing network security system in areas you feel the weakest. Consequently, we also provide a Vulnerability Scan to help identify areas the need attention.
Call us today.
- ASA Firewall
- Vulnerability Scan
- Meraki BYOD security
- Secure VPN / Remote Access