Email Protection and Continuity
Email Protection and Continuity
Security | Advanced Threat Protection | Email Archiving
The Managed Wise Email Protection powered by Barracuda is an advanced, multilayered security solution that protects your business from email-borne cyber threats and much more. This comprehensive solution provides Email Security, Advanced Threat Protection, tamper-proof Cloud Archiving to ensure compliance and automated Email Encryption that prevents sensitive data from leaving the network in a vulnerable state.
Barracuda Multilayered Security Features
Email and file scanning using three layers of polymorphous scanning technologies
Barracuda Central-enabled screening for known spammers and malware domains
Anti-fraud intelligence, sender spoofing detection, and domain name validation
Intelligent detection of malicious URLs
Active URL screening against fraudulent lookalikes of genuine sites
Denial of Service Attack Prevention
Protection against malware designed to cripple or disable networks
Up to 96 hours of spooling to ensure email delivery in case of server or connection failures
Automated Email Encryption
Automatically encrypts emails based on their content, sender or recipient. Simplified key management using 256-bit AES encryption and SMTP over TLS.
Manual Email Encryption
With a simple click of the “Encrypt Message” Outlook plugin you can secure your email for encrypted transport to the recipient
Filtering against botnet spam and outbound attacks originating inside the network
Data Loss Prevention
Policy-based screening of credit card numbers, SSNs, and other sensitive content
Centralized Management of Email Security
- Global visibility of all installed devices
- Centrally managed policies and configurations
- Continuous monitoring and blocking of the latest Internet threats via Barracuda Central
- Quarantines, exception lists, and blocked sender lists configurable per user or per organization
Advanced Threat Protection
Advanced Threat Protection is a vital security layer that scans email attachments in most commonly used file formats and compares them against a cryptographic hash database.
Files of unknown status are detonated in a sandbox environment within the Barracuda Cloud to observe its behavior, and the result is pushed into the Barracuda Real Time System to provide protection for all other customers.
Emails found to contain malicious content are quarantined and administrators and users can be notified. If no malicious content is found, regular mail processing rules apply.
- Protect against zero-hour, targeted attacks
- Protection against ransomware variants including Locky and CryptoLocker
- Real-time email attachments scans
- Sandboxing of attachments
Cloud Archiving Service
- Protects Exchange Online mailboxes
- Protects OneDrive for Business files
- Protects against accidental deletion
- Simple wizard-based recovery to the cloud or a local device
- Multi-selection restores
- Automated or manual backups
Secure cloud-based archiving lets you easily meet demanding compliance requirements and address e-discovery requests. The policy-based approach lets you set up email retention policies to ensure that important emails are safely archived to Barracuda’s secure cloud. Custom reports make it easy to demonstrate compliance with retention regulations and to defend deletion policies.CloudArchiving uses journaling and SMTP to capture and secure all email at the time it is sent and received. This ensures that an accurate, unmodified copy of every email sent and received will be stored outside of the production email environment, including details of all recipients for mail sent to distribution lists.
- Email messages, calendars, tasks, contacts, and public folders
- Skype for Business (Lync) conversations
- Support for Exchange and Exchange Online journaling and import
- SharePoint Online protection for documents, document libraries, site assets, and picture libraries
Anywhere, Anytime User Access
- Full-featured, robust mobile apps (iOS, Android) and Outlook Add-In
- Quick message restores
- Offline access
- Predefined roles
- Granular control for access and policy
- Domain-level auditor
- Retention policies
Advanced Search Capabilities
- Full text search with multiple operators
- Metadata, contents, and attachments
- Reusable saved search
- Reply to, forward and export messages
Secure Cloud Data Centers
- AES 256-bit encryption at rest and in transit
- Public key encryption (RSA 1024)
- Isolated customer metadata database
- Redundant storage within and across geographically distributed data centers
eDiscovery and Legal Hold
There is no conflict between retention for operational compliance and legal hold for search and discovery exercises. An indexed archive supports extensive search, auditing/permissions, legal hold, and export, helping to facilitate both eDiscovery and retention. An intuitive interface and powerful feature set ensure fast and easy message search and retrieval.
Compliance demonstration is easy. You can enable read-only access for end users to search and retrieve their emails at any time from any device. Role-based access and audit trails ensure that only authorized personnel have access to the archives.
Excellent User Experience
Improves compliance archiving productivity by giving end users direct access to historical information, with desktop and mobile apps that allow them to search and retrieve every email sent and received, even if it has been deleted from their inbox.